Is tutoring a good fit for me?
We are currently looking for Adult Literacy Tutors. Teaching experience, while an asset, is not required. Many of the skills and qualities you already possess will help you in this role: adaptability, creativity, patience, enthusiasm and commitment.
Adult Literacy Tutors
- must participate in an 8 hour tutor training workshop run by Literacy Unlimited
- will receive on-going support and training
- meet with their learners once or twice a week (approximately 2 hours per session), for at least one year
- are patient, flexible, organized, and open to different lifestyles and learning preferences
- are part of a tutor/learner team, supporting the learner in setting and reaching goals
- are comfortable using a computer
OUR NEXT TRAINING WILL BE HELD on Saturday, February 23rd.
If you would like to become an Adult Literacy Tutor, please click HERE to fill out the on-line application form. Thank you for your interest in volunteering with Literacy Unlimited!